Urid Dal – 500g
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Orange Red colour – as required
Lemon yellow colour – as required
Refined Oil for deep frying
For making sugar syrup
Sugar – 1 ½ Kg
Water – 2 Litres
Rose White Essence – 1 tsp
Lime juice - 1/4 tsp to remove the impurities from Sugar syrup
1. Steep the whole urid dal in water for about 20 minutes. Grind it in mixie by sprinkling little water as per need and prepare the soft batter as like how you prepare for the Medu vada batter.
2. Dilute both the colour powders in water. Add the corn flour and colour powder water in the jhangiri batter. Mix it well and beat it with your hands for about 5 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in Jhangiri kadai, Put the batter in Jhangir bag and squeeze (swirl) it in to the medium hot oil as the shape of Jhangiri.
4. Gently deep fry the Jhangiri. Once it is fried enough, take it out from oil and drop it in already prepared thin sugar syrup. Dip the Jhangiri for 2 minutes by using the ladle after that allow it for some minutes.
5. Take out the Jhangiri from sugar syrup when it is absorbed the juiciness of sugar syrup.
6. Garnish with coloured dessicated coconut / Cashewnuts slivers.