Maida Flour (Refined Flour) – 250g
Butter – 50g
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt – as required
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Vanilla Essence – 5 drops
Egg – 1
Ajawain Powder – ¼ tsp
Oil for deep frying
Method of Preparation
- Cream the butter. Beat the egg with Vanilla essence. Put turmeric powder, chilli powder, ajwain powder, salt, Baking powder into the Maida flour, sieve the flour then.
- Add the creamed butter into the sieved flour. Add the beaten egg into the flour, start knead the mixture. If you need water just sprinkle it little. Ensure the kneaded dough is somewhat tough.
- Spread the dough into sheet and fold the sheet. Allow it in rest for 10 minutes. Again repeat the same process for three times.
- Finally spread the dough and cut into square. Deep fry the pieces in the hot oil till it is cook and golden colour.
- Drain and serve. Now the spicy crispy biscuit is ready.